The Oregon Association of Family and Consumer Sciences has named Houck’s Wendy Smith as its 2016 Teacher of the Year!
Here are some of the things her colleagues have to say about her:
- She is crazy amazing!
- She is the coolest and we are honored to have her here at Houck!
- Not surprising. She is an amazing teacher!
- It’s about time she was recognized!
- She is amazing and gives so much of her heart to her students.
- She really deserves this honor. She is the best!
- From the bottom of my heart… I personally feel so very lucky to work with Wendy. She is an incredibly hard working teacher, she has a giant heart for kids, she is organized, thoughtful and kind to her peers. And when I say hard working, I mean hard working!!! I honestly don’t know how she wears so many hats in our school, but I am very grateful that we have her. AWESOME JOB WENDY!! They voted for the right teacher!
Somethings her students say about her:
- Ms. Smith is a great teacher because she has an awesome personality. Also she’s really chill! Finally, she’s just an awesome teacher.
- Ms. Smith is FUN!
- What I like about Ms. Smith is that she lets us cook and is also funny.