The City of Salem water advisory for vulnerable populations is going to continue until at least Monday. This only applies for the City of Salem – not the City of Keizer or for those locations that use well water. Due to the generous donations of water that the district has received, we have elected to continue providing bottled water to pre-K through first grade and all vulnerable populations for the remainder of the year. We also will continue preparing food using bottled water or without water through the end of the year so it is safe for all populations. We are assessing summer programs now and developing a plan to support them if needed.
Drinking water filling stations remain open at the following locations:
- Wallace Marine Park, 200 Glen Creek Road NW, Salem
- Salvation Army Kroc Center, 1865 Bill Frey Drive NE, Salem
- Bush’s Pasture Park, Mission St. entrance, 600 Mission St. SE, Salem
- Woodmansee Park, 4629 Sunnyside Road SE, Salem
- Geer Park, 3071 State St., Salem
- Chemeketa Community College, Brown Parking Lot, 4000 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem
- East Salem Suburban Water District, 3805 La Branch St. SE, Salem (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- City of Keizer, 4969 Rickman Road NE, Keizer
- Former Chevrolet Dealership, 5325 Denver St., Turner
All bulk water distribution locations are pull-through. Residents must bring their own containers. For the vast majority of Salem residents, the water remains safe to drink and no action is needed. Residents in need of assistance can contact City of Salem Public Works at 503-588-6311. For medical information during the advisory, please call 2-1-1.
Thank you for your patience, your understanding and your flexibility.